Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Phewww!! Life sure can throw some curve balls!

I'm new at this whole blogging thing so bear with me as I get all of the kinks worked out. Pictures will be following soon, I promise.

Jason works midnights and was coming home early last Wednesday morning when he hit a deer head on! He called me at 4:00 in the morning and woke me out of a sound sleep! That kind of call will wake a person up FAST!! Anyway, he proceded to tell me that he had hit a deer and had crumpled the hood on his car, broke the right, front headlight and spiderwebbed the windshield on the passenger side. Both air bags had gone off, but he was able to walk away with only a small burn on his arm from the air bag. The deer he hit was nowhere to be found. I woke up my dad and had him go with me to pick Jason up. So, to make a long story short, the insurance company totaled his car and we're down to one vehicle. :(

Also, we were going to be heading to Athens, Michigan, for a youth camp, later that morning so all plans had to be put on hold, while we got some much needed sleep and dealt with the insurance and towing companies. We didn't get gone on our 8.5 hour trip until 2:00 pm!! Needless to say, we arrived in Michigan VERY late the next morning.

2 comments:

Diane said...

I'm so happy you're blogging!

I hadn't heard about the accident-see this is a good way to keep in touch! That's kinda scary, glad it all turned out alright and that he wasn't hurt very bad!!

Love, Aunt Di

Brenda Marquez said...

Welcome to the blogging world! It's so much fun! I am so thankful that Jason wasn't seriously injured in his accident! Bummer about your car and about the silly deer running off! You could have had some yummy deer sausage! Hope to see you at camp! I have a blog, too, if you want to look at it. It's www.brendamarquez.blogspot.com.
Love, Brenda