
Before we got married, Jason used to work for his uncle, Terry Day in Indiana. They did commercial painting. Since Jason had worked for his uncle, during the summer, for several years, he felt confident to launch out on his own and do some painting on the side. The logo is from his business cards. Anyway, he has been working on a deck for a lady in Montgomery City, and I've been helping. I'm helping so that he can get done quicker, as his only free time is non-rainy days (duh) and weekends, since he works midnights at the DG Distribution Center. Below are some pictures that we took last Friday of us and the decks we've been working on. Both decks, front and back, used to be painted red with oil based paint, so we had to put paint stripper on everything to take off the red and to help the new latex based stain adhere to the wood. Let me just say, "I HATE SPINDLES!!"

A front view of the deck - you can still see lots of red pigment, even after being stripped.

The front deck floor.

The back deck - Jason had already done some prep work to it.

A close up of the faded red paint that refused to come off on the back deck.
Jason putting on the new stain - preping with a brush so that when he used the roller, it wouldn't get stain on the siding.

Me staining spindles - UGH! Gotta love my hat and glasses. : )

I got really hot and almost got sick so Jason hosed me down with water. I thought I'd pose for you all, so that you could see how hard I worked. : )
No comments:
Post a Comment